Our colleagues, Susana Elisa Pavlou (Director) and Christina Kaili (Senior Researcher- Project Coordinator) participated as panellists at two events of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) organised by the American University of Beirut, the Asfari Institute and the Debs Center, New York Office.
The first panel discussion on 14 March 2023 focused on Youth and Technology Use for Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights in the MENA. The panellists discussed access and barriers to sexual health and sexual identity expression in the MENA region. Highlights from the event:
• Susana Elisa Pavlou discusses her work on sexual and reproductive health and rights in Cyprus.
• Faysal El Kak on the origins of AUBMC's WISH program and the potential for similar initiatives elsewhere in MENA.
• Zeina Abdel Khalek explains the origins and the need for the Doria Feminist Fund.
• Faysal El Kak discusses how marginalized groups can access sexual health services.
The second panel discussion on 15 March 2023 focused on Gender and Climate Justice. Panelists Sarine Karajerjian, Dr. Robert Meyers, Dr. Christina Kaili, and Dr. Alain Daou discussed macro and micro-level challenges and promising solutions to issues of climate justice from the perspective of gender. Highlights from the event:
• Panelists discuss the consequences of climate change for the MENA region.
• Dr. Meyers thinks through the key questions that frame climate injustice and gender.
• Dr. Kaili explores the progress of the European Green Deal and Sarine Karajerjian investigates civil society's role in climate justice.
• Panelists consider the primary beneficiaries of climate injustice.
Panel discussions recordings :
Blog – 11/05/2023